Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Taste of The Big Easy

It's crawfish season down in New Orleans.  Time for crawfish boils out in the spring weather.  Unfortunately, I'm in Oklahoma and my friends and family from the Big Easy are torturing me with their mobile snapshots.  Luckily, one thing I can find around here is frozen crawfish tails that are perfect for making rich, creamy Crawfish Corn Soup.

What you'll need:
not pictured: bacon bits
1 lb. peeled crawfish tails
1 onion, chopped
1 pint half & half cream
2 cans creamed corn
2 cans cream potato soup
5 green onions, chopped
1 stick butter
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp cayenne
1/4 cup bacon bits for garnish

1.)  Melt butter. 
Saute' onions. 
Add crawfish.  Cook for about 5 minutes.

2.)  Add cream, corn, and potato soup to crockpot. 
Tranfer onion/crawfish mixture and green onions to crockpot. 
Stir ingredients together.
Cook for 1 hour on medium heat, stirring occasionally.

3.)  Add salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, and cayenne. 
Stir.  Set crockpot on the "keep warm" or lowest setting.

4.)  Spoon soup into a bowl.  Garnish with 1/2 tsp bacon bits and 1/8 tsp of pepper.

Don't forget to donate any Campbell's soup labels to your local schools!

17 comments:

  1. Following you from the hop. Crawfish Corn Soup looks divine. Thanks for sharing this!!!

    Clayton
    Tantrums, Troubles, and Treasures
    http://www.claytonpaulthomas.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Clayton It's delicious too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I. Want. Some. Now. That looks amazing...I think I'll have to try to cook this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious! Great blog!
    Following from the hop!
    Hope you can hop by and visit me!

    http://stylendecordeals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks yummy! I am stopping by from the Friday Blog Hop! I am your newest follower! I cannot wait to read more. I hope you will stop by and follow me back :)
    http://divvyupdiva.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to Oklahoma! Anyway, just stopping by to follow you from the blog hop. Hope you'll come visit me, too! http://hisperfectpromises.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Newest follower from the Not So Moody Monday Blog Hop!
    Come return the visit and enter one of our awesome giveaways when you have the chance :)
    --
    Jade
    The Sleppery Mind

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Katie It's delicious and great for those crawfish boil leftovers.
    @Nancy Thanks for stopping by.
    @Ardig I'm glad you are following.
    @Tamara lol...Thanks. You mean, Buglahoma, right?
    @Sleppery I'll take a swing over in a few. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. newest follower :) Love your blog! We have tons of family in New Orleans, we visit TOO often because they do have THE best food ever!! This recipe looks YUMMY! glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks so good! I am loving soups right now even though it is getting hot out.

    I just found your blog through one of the Tuesday blog hops! Can't wait to read more.

    Amanda @ www.nutritionistreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delish!

    Dropping in from FMBT to return your follow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for joining in on the Tuesday Fun Hop (with both blogs :)

    I'm following you back on both!

    The Professionally Insane M

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know I could eat a big ole portion of this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this looks great! I think crawfish may be the only thing that I HAVEN'T tried! But I want to! And this recipe looks very easy, thanks for sharing! I am your newest follower from FMBT. Love your blog! I already see many tasty things to try! You can find me at:

    http://www.loveandpancakes.com/

    Have a great day! :-)

    ~xoxo~
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks awesome and easy to do. I hope I can find the frozen crawfish. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Look in the frozen seafood section. Most stores have it near the meat department...unless you are lucky enough to live near the ocean. Then, you may actually have a seafood department with fresh seafood.

    ReplyDelete
  17. New follower from So Followed Saturday" Blog Hop.
    http://myproductreviewsandsamples.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Did I make you hungry? Have a suggestion, question, or comment? Please share.